If your taste buds are craving a light-yet-satisfying easy lunch or dinner that is perfect for warm days and cold nights, then make a delicious Caesar Salad full of char-grilled Seasoned Chicken. It is only a matter of 30 minutes, and your taste-buds will enjoy the great taste of the restaurant at home!
What is Chicken Caesar Salad?
This salad is easy to make with minimal ingredients. It is a green salad made with a bed of crispy romaine lettuce and toasted garlic bread croutons topped with a creamy Caesar dressing made from lemon juice, olive oil, egg, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, garlic, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
Is Chicken Caesar Salad Good for You?
Honestly, it depends on how you pack it, as Caesar dressing is usually top with heavy cream or cheese full of calories and involves a high amount of saturated fat and sodium. You can enjoy this healthy salad when it contains no heavy cream or little cheese as cheese is also a good source of calcium and protein.
How to Make a Caesar Salad
Below are the required ingredients; you’ll need to make this simple Caesar Dressing:
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard
- Garlic Clove
- White Vinegar
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Romaine Lettuce
- Caesar Dressing
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cubed Sourdough Bread (For Croutons)
Caesar Salad Method
1. Prepare Homemade Croutons:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add cubed sourdough bread, two tablespoons of olive oil, and three minced garlic cloves to a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Spread the bread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Remove croutons and season with salt, pepper, and fresh parsley.
2. Make Caesar Dressing:
To a food process (or blender), add garlic, white vinegar, mustard, tabasco, juice of half a lemon, honey, and mayo. Blend.
Next, add olive oil and grated Parmesan cheese. Blend until everything is combined.
3. Toss Salad Together:
To a large bowl, add chopped romaine lettuce, croutons, and caesar dressing. You can also add more shaved parmesan for extra parmesan punch.
How to Make Caesar Chicken Salad
Chicken Caesar Salad is very easy to make, just make a Caesar Salad and add chicken!
1. Make Caesar Salad: follow the instructions above.
2. Season Chicken: season chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Grill Chicken: Place chicken breast on a medium-high grill (375°-400°F) and cook for 4-7 minutes per side until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove from grill, let rest for 5 minutes to allow juices redistribute before slicing.
4. Assemble Salad: To a large bowl add, chopped romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, shaved parmesan, grated parmesan, homemade croutons, and drizzle with dressing or serve on the side.
Preparation and Storage Tips
1. Serve this Salad Hot or Cold: It is totally up to you. Either serve the chicken cold on top of your salad by preparing its ingredients in advance, or pair warm chicken and warm croutons with the crisp, cool lettuce for a nice contrast.
2. Prepare the Salad dressing up to 3-4 days in advance. You can store the dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
3. The croutons are best when toasted just before serving so that they can’t get soft and chewy.
What Goes with this Salad?
This Caesar salad is an excellent entrée for either dinner or lunch. Complete your meal by pairing it with any of the following extra dishes:
- A loaf of No-Knead Bread
- Skillet Cornbread
- Homemade Baked Pita Chips
- Roasted Garlic White Bean Hummus
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Grilled Prosciutto Peach Flatbread
- How to Make an Epic Cheeseboard
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits or Aunt Bee’s 3-Ingredient Buttermilk Biscuits
- Creamy Asparagus Soup
- Crock Pot Vegetable Soup
- Tuscan White Bean Soup with Sausage and Kale
- 30-Minute Tomato and Basil Soup or Southern Tomato Bisque
- Easy Potato Salad
- Creamy Pasta Salad
If you want to try this mouth-watering salad at any renowned eatery, then Foodies Café is the only spot where your taste-buds will be amazed by its delicious flavors. Serve this salad with any main course and make your dinner or lunch so special. It is for sure that this 30-minute delicious salad recipe will blow your mind if you try it at once.